Due to the expansion of our client services, JigsawPlus has opportunities for Learning Support Workers to join our team, supporting young adults with autism and related disabilities in the attainment of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion. This role is a permanent contract, working hours are from Monday to Friday, no weekend or shift work is required!
Whilst you are working, you will receive a comprehensive training and development package including the nationally recognised ‘Care Certificate’, training modules for Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and/or a QCF in Health and Social Care. We also provide a broad spectrum of training opportunities such as First Aid, Safeguarding, Food Hygiene and Hand Hygiene.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Client learning and support:
- To work as part of a team providing ABA based support to Jigsaw+ clients.
- Ensure Clients’ individual needs are met through effective personal support planning and review.
- Provide the support and care identified in Clients’ individual learning plans.
- Interact and participate with the Clients in the development of skills, supporting Clients to reach their potential for independence.
- Support Clients’ participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities within the local community.
- Encourage and enable Clients to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene.
- Facilitate and support Clients in decision making, promoting choice and involvement giving full regard to initiatives aimed at promoting Client empowerment.
- Participate in staff meetings as required.
- Collect, record and analyse data on the learning programmes delivered as instructed by Management or Team Leaders.
- Once trained, administer medication in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and ensure that medical emergencies are dealt with appropriately.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all internal staff at Jigsaw.
- Complete key worker responsibilities.
- Write communication books.
- Complete client finance logs daily.
- Complete activity logs.
Training and development:
- Develop knowledge of autism spectrum disorders and associated disabilities.
- Participate in relevant training to achieve required qualifications and attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health and safety:
- Understand and implement Health and Safety policies and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Promote safe working practice and ensure the security of the workplace is maintained at all times.
- Carry out administrative tasks as required.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Jigsaw Trust and its individual divisions.
- Provide support in other divisions of the Jigsaw Trust as required.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
A good standard of literacy and numeracy is required. Ideally candidates will have some relevant work experience of working with young adults with autism within a medical, educational, care or personal setting.
It is desirable for candidates to have previous experience of delivering personal care, hold a Care Certificate, started Pre-teacher 1 training or hold a QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) but this isn’t essential as training opportunities can be provided.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Starting salary is £14,771 per annum.
- A comprehensive benefits package is also available including childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, discounted shopping, free on-site parking etc.
JigsawPlus, Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB.
To view a full job description for the Learning Support Worker position, please click here
To view a Training & Development Summary, please click here
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete an application form which is available from the ‘Join the team’ drop down on the main menu or click ‘Apply Now’. Please return your completed application form by email to [email protected] If you have any questions or require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the HR team by email [email protected] or telephone 01483 273874.
The successful candidate will need to have a commitment to on-going professional development and they will require a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
About Jigsaw +
JigsawPlus Centre for Lifelong Learning provides support for adults with autism spectrum disorders to access ongoing personal development, well being and employment opportunities