This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team, supporting adults with autism and related disabilities in the attainment of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion.
We have opportunities due to expansion of our Client services.
We will be recruiting on an on-going basis, up until the closing date.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm No Weekends or Shift Work!
Whilst you are working, you will also receive a comprehensive training and development package including the nationally recognised ‘Care Certificate’, training modules for ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) and/or a QCF in health and social care. We also provide a broad spectrum of training opportunities such as First Aid, Safeguarding, Food Hygiene and Hand Hygiene. Further details are on our job descriptions (below Summary of Duties and Responsibilities).
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Learning and Support:
- To work as part of a team providing ABA based support to Jigsaw+ clients. Full training provided.
- Ensure Clients’ individual needs are met through effective personal support planning and review.
- Provide the support and care identified in Clients’ individual learning plans.
- Interact and participate with the Clients in the development of skills, supporting Clients to reach their potential for independence.
- Support Clients’ participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities within the local community.
- Encourage and enable Clients to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene.
- Facilitate and support Clients in decision making, promoting choice and involvement giving full regard to initiatives aimed at promoting Client empowerment.
- Participate in staff meetings as required.
- Collect and record data as part of working as a team providing ABA support.
- Once trained, administer medication in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and ensure that medical emergencies are dealt with appropriately.
Training and Development:
- Develop knowledge of autism spectrum disorders, ABA and associated disabilities.
- Participate in relevant training to achieve required qualifications and attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
- Understand and implement Health and Safety policies and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Promote safe working practice and ensure the security of the workplace is maintained at all times.
- Carry out administrative tasks as required.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Jigsaw Trust and its individual divisions.
- Provide support in other divisions of the Jigsaw Trust as required.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
Post holder should demonstrate a commitment to on-going professional development.
The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To view a full Job Description for the Learning Support Worker role, please Click Here
To view a Training & Development Summary, please Click Here
About Jigsaw +
Jigsaw + Centre for Lifelong Learning provides support for adults with autism spectrum disorders to access ongoing personal development, well being and employment opportunities