This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team, learning on the job whilst receiving a salary, supporting adults with autism and related disabilities in the attainment of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion.
Due to our ongoing recruitment need due to client expansion, we will be recruiting throughout, up until the closing date.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm No Weekends or Shift Work!
Whilst you are working, you will also receive a comprehensive training and development package including the nationally recognised ‘Care Certificate’, training modules for ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) and/or a QCF in health and social care. We also provide a broad spectrum of training opportunities such as First Aid, Safeguarding, Food Hygiene and Hand Hygiene. Further details are on our job descriptions (below Summary of Duties and Responsibilities).
Duties and Responsibilities
· To work as part of a team ensuring the efficient and effective running of high quality, accessible, educational, vocational and wellbeing services.
· To reach agreed teaching targets by collecting and recording data on the programmes delivered as instructed by senior staff.
· To facilitate and support clients in decision making, promoting choice and involvement to help empower clients.
· To support other team members in ensuring client’s needs are met through effective personal support planning.
· To support clients participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities within the local community.
· To interact and participate with clients in the development of self-help skills, helping to support clients to reach their potential for independence, for example to share in domestic tasks to assist with the general operations e.g. shopping and preparing meals.
· To encourage and enable clients to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene standards.
· To provide administration support in relation to all tasks undertaken ensuring that they are completed in a timely and efficient manner, and any concerns are identified and reported.
· To participate in staff meetings when required.
· To maintain a positive working relationship with all internal staff at Jigsaw.
Training and Development:
· To attend mandatory training courses on and off site as and when required.
· To develop a knowledge of autistic spectrum disorders.
· To keep up-to-date and further your professional knowledge and competence in relation to apprenticeship and ABA
Policies and Procedures:
· To promote safe working within the Jigsaw environment reporting any health and safety issues immediately to your line manager.
· To adhere to all policies and procedures notwithstanding Health and Safety, security and confidentiality at all times.
· Maintain confidentiality in and outside of the workplace with particular regard to data on Jigsaw’s computer systems.
· Be pro-active in matters relating to health and safety, ensuring compliance at all times.
· Undertake any other such relevant duties as Jigsaw may require from time to time that may be reasonably asked of you and by your line manager.
· Support the aims and ethos of Jigsaw, setting a good example in terms of dress, behaviour, punctuality and attendance.
· To represent Jigsaw in a professional manner at all times.
To view a job description for the Apprentice position, please Click Here
To view a Training & Development Summary, please Click Here
About Jigsaw Plus
Charity supporting children and young adults affected by autism