17.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday between the hours of 10.45am – 2.15pm
44 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holiday days per year.
£6,876 pro rata pa
Plus benefits package
(£13,654 FTE pa)
One year fixed term contract.
Directly responsible to the Lunchtime Supervisor.
Role Summary; Based in the Jigsaw CABAS® School, the role involves supporting and assisting pupils with autism and related disabilities, during their lunch and break periods.
- Ensure that all children have washed their hands before eating.
- Prepare the lunch room and other designated break areas for snack time and lunch time (i.e. check there is enough cutlery and plates, to fill water jugs, etc). There will be a specific task list provided.
- Provide additional support to the teaching team over break time and lunch time.
- Support some pupils with feeding following their specific lunchtime/behaviour guidelines.
- Support pupils with being as independent as possible during snack or lunch time.
- Encourage good table behaviour.
- Follow through with pupils’ behaviour guidelines (supported by the teaching team).
- Clean the designated areas after snack or lunch and to prepare these areas for the next session and the next day. There will be a specific task list to follow.
- Load/unload the dishwasher as required.
- Check and record the temperature of fridges and freezers throughout the school
- Check the toilets around the school at the end of lunch break and to report any issues to the Facilities Department.
- Check the medical room on a daily basis and ensure clean bedding is available and supplies are replenished when used
- Carry out additional tasks as discussed with the line manager
Training and Development:
- Develop knowledge of autism spectrum disorders and associated disabilities
- Participate in relevant training to achieve required qualifications and attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
Health & Safety:
- Understand and implement Health and Safety policies and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice and ensure the security of the workplace is maintained at all times
- Maintain the safety, welfare and security of pupils at all times
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Jigsaw Trust
- Provide support and in other divisions of Jigsaw Trust as required
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
- Uphold and support the Jigsaw’s Policies and procedures on the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
For full job description please click here.
About Jigsaw School
The Jigsaw CABAS School is an independent day school for children and young people with an autism spectrum disorder