Responsible to: Head of Therapy
To work closely with pupils and their teachers to provide specialist direct and indirect therapy using a range of techniques including: sensory integration, anxiety management, emotional regulation training, developing functional life skills and skills of daily living.
To provide professional support to our Jigsaw+ division working with young adults with autism.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment and diagnosis of a range of paediatric motor, perceptual, sensory and functional difficulties.
- Planning and writing appropriate therapy interventions, making judgements about type and timing of treatment negotiated with parents and school.
- Writing and/or delivering group and individual therapy as required and integrating therapy into the class rooms and individual curriculums.
- Integrating therapy programmes with principles of applied behaviour analysis where appropriate.
- Managing own caseload effectively with support from more experienced practitioner’s as required to manage complex cases. Providing advice and therapy programmes to educational staff, parents and other health professionals.
- Assessing and evaluating therapy outcomes and contributing findings to Annual Review meetings via reports or attendance as required.
- Managing parental and/or School anxieties regarding intervention and prognosis. Evaluating treatment outcomes.
Hours & Leave
34.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday
(over 5 days)
X4 days 9am to 4.30pm with Tuesdays 9am to 5.30pm
44 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holiday days per year
The School operates across three terms
Plus benefits package
For the full role description please click here
About Jigsaw School
Jigsaw School provides education for children with autism, following principles of ABA. The School is overseen by the Jigsaw Trust, a registered Charity set up in 1999 by a group of parents of children with autism.