Professional Cook at our Café on the Park
40 hours per week Monday – Friday from 7.00am until 3.00pm – No evenings or weekends!
1/2 hour break, not to be taken between the peak hours of 11am and 2pm
23 days holiday (of which 3 are compulsory over the Christmas closure). Plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Directly responsible to the Cafe Manager.
Responsible for 1 x Kitchen Assistant.
- Preparing and serving a variety of high quality light meals and snacks to a consistently high standard.
- Prepare high quality, appetising and well-presented food at all times.
- Prepare and present freshly cooked menu dishes.
- Pro-actively develop a variety of nutritionally balanced menu choices.
- Listen to all comments and feedback from customers and respond appropriately.
- Liaise and work closely with the Café Manager to provide work experience opportunities for the Clients of Jigsaw+.
- Comply with Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations and maintain excellent standards at all times.
- In accordance with food handling and hygiene regulations ensure food is packed, labelled and stored correctly.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to you by the Cafe Manager.
- Ensure all areas of kitchen are clean and maintained to the highest standard.
- Monitor and ensure that food wastage is kept to a minimum.
- Report equipment problems to the Café Manager.
- Participate in relevant training to achieve required standards.
Health & Safety and Food Hygiene:
- Understand and implement Food Hygiene, Health and Safety policies and emergency and fire procedures.
- Promote safe working practice and ensure the security of the workplace is maintained at all times.
- Line Manage 1 x Kitchen Assistant, setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Responsible for allocating and overseeing workload on a daily basis.
- Carry out administrative tasks as required.
- Carry out commercial activities as instructed.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Jigsaw Trust and its individual divisions.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Adhere to all Jigsaw policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
For full role description please click here.