Responsible to: Head of Therapy
An opportunity has arisen to join our vibrant and supportive team of therapists. The successful candidate will work closely with pupils and their teachers to provide specialist direct and indirect therapy using a range of creative techniques including PECS, Attention Autism, Intensive Interaction Therapy, and Social Stories.
You will also provide professional support to our Jigsaw+ division for young adults with autism when required.
This role may suit a Speech and Language Therapist looking to develop or specialise their clinical skills, or a newly qualified speech and language therapist looking for their first position.
The Clinical work will include:
- Assessment and diagnosis of a range of paediatric communication disorders.
- Planning and writing appropriate therapy interventions, making judgements about type and timing of treatment negotiated with parents and school.
- Writing and/or delivering group and individual therapy as required and integrating therapy into the class rooms and individual curriculums.
- Integrating therapy programmes with principles of applied behaviour analysis where appropriate.
- Managing own caseload effectively with support from more experienced practitioners as required to manage complex cases
- Providing advice and therapy programmes to educational staff, parents and other health professionals.
- Managing parental and/or school anxieties regarding intervention and prognosis.
- Evaluating treatment outcomes. Transferring and discharging.
- Assessing and evaluating therapy outcomes and contributing findings to Annual Review meetings via reports or attendance as required.
Hours & Leave
34.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday
(over 5 days)
X4 days 9am to 4.30pm with Tuesdays 9am to 5.30pm
Part-time applications will be considered with a minimum of 3 full days required
44 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holiday days per year.
The School operates across three terms.
Plus benefits package
For the full role description please click here.
About Jigsaw Trust
The Jigsaw CABAS® School is an independent day school for children and young people with an autism spectrum disorder